INTERNET PRIVACY STATEMENT
This document explains to you how Country Hills Crematorium protects your personal information, and information collected on the deceased and family, as well as why it is collected.
As one of our clients you shared important personal information with us, knowing that we would be able to serve you better and we would honour and respect your privacy. We meet the privacy standards applicable to you as required by law. This information is not sold, traded or released to a third party for marketing purposes.
WHAT IS “PERSONAL INFORMATION”?
“Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
WHAT INFORMATION IS PROTECTED?
The personal information in our possession or custody. This includes any information that has been transferred to, or received from, a third party in the course of commercial activities for processing or other purposes for which you have consented.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To be able to communicate effectively with you and for you. To facilitate the provision of our services and the products you required.
- to verify your identity
- confirm your eligibility for financial products and services
- provide products & services you are interested in, both from ourselves and organizations with whom we have strategic alliances
- detect and prevent fraud
- compile statistics, report to government and funeral regulatory agencies
- comply with the law and/or tax requirements
- Your personal information may be collected, used or disclosed for these specific purposes set out above. If however, your personal information is not needed for one of the purposes, we will not use or disclose it without obtaining additional consent from you.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We may gather information from the following sources:
- from you, your applications, forms completed through telephone conversations, electronically, personal interviews
- intermediaries, financial service representatives
- your payment history with us
- from government and other agencies
By providing personal information to us or through the above mentioned sources, you understand how the information may be used or disclosed. PFS may verify such information by checking with hospitals, nursing homes, doctors, employers, clergy, government agencies, or credit bureaus to assist us for the identified purposes.
Your consent is required before we gather or disclose your personal information except in situations permitted by the law.
We accept any of the following as consent:
- your written or verbal consent obtained through the application process
- your consent from your authorized representative, such as a legal guardian or social service agency
- when there are changes to an existing agreement with us, consent is assumed from the original agreement
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO?
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, within reasonable notice, obviously subject to contractual restrictions. If consent is withdrawn PFS’s ability to provide superior service and products may be affected.
WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME INFORMATION IS KEPT?
As long as we need to provide the products and services requested. To meet any legal, government or funeral regulatory requirements.
HOW IS IT PROTECTED?
Security systems are in place to safeguard the information, whether electronic or paper based.
Any third party we transfer your personal information to is required to protect the information in a consistent format, as required by law.
WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
A request in writing to PFS’s Privacy Officer, stating specifically which personal information you are requesting. We will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible, or if we are unable to respond immediately, will advise you right away. A fee may be required for providing access, but you will be advised of the approximate cost first.
CAN COUNTRY HILLS CREMATORIUM REFUSE YOUR REQUEST FOR ACCESS:
- if the information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
- if the information would reveal personal information about another individual
- if the information was collected for purposes related to either the detection or prevention of fraud
- or if the information would reveal confidential commercial information
If personal information changes, can you update records? The information PFS has on file should be accurate and up-to-date, in order for us to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. If any information is inaccurate or incomplete we will amend our records accordingly.
CONTACT US IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
- through this website, telephone, e-mail or mailing address below
11995-16 Street NE.
Calgary, AB T3K 0S9
HOW DO YOU DIRECT ANY COMPLAINTS?
Contact our Privacy Officer. Steps will be taken to resolve any justified complaints.
If you are not satisfied you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
You can also
SEND US A MESSAGE
Let us know how we can support you and someone
will be in touch within 1 business day.